DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/)
-   1:200 Scale Model Aircraft (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/)
-   -   Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200 (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/129402-two-months-qantas-767-338er-gemini200.html)

AussieAircraft98 03-07-2015 01:18 AM

Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
4 Attachment(s)
About two months ago, Australia skies were not the same. On the 27th of December 2014, the Qantas 767-338ERs were retired from Qantas service and ultimately Australian Skies (the only 767 left is a 767-300ERF VH-EFR). The 767 being my favourite Aircraft (hence the Profile Picture) I decided to purchase the spectacular 767-338ER form the Gemini200 Line. when it arrived in the mail I almost had a heart attack. I once again saw the beauty that once graced Australian skies, and my heart. my first commercial flight was on a Ansett 767, so when the 767 left forever, a small piece of me did as well. I present the pinnacle of all my collection; the Gemini200 Qantas 767-338ER VH-OGP.

StrikeEagle94 03-07-2015 02:34 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
It's always great to have a model with sentimental meaning :) I would have to get mine custom made, a USAir old chrome livery B762. It was the first plane I ever flew on.

TerenceW 03-07-2015 05:12 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
That model is a beauty, and yes the 767s are sorely missed but at least they've found a home with an overseas operator.

AussieAircraft98 03-07-2015 08:07 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
I miss the 767 so much, it's good to see I'm not the only one

Burkel 03-07-2015 10:16 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
I thought I'd heard through the grapevine that westjet was taking a couple of these old qantas planes.

SouthwestAirlines103 03-07-2015 10:21 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeEagle94 (Post 1176538)
It's always great to have a model with sentimental meaning :) I would have to get mine custom made, a USAir old chrome livery B762. It was the first plane I ever flew on.

Oh and please don't forget the USAir 752 while your at it. Ill take any USAir chrome top. Plenty of flights out of PHL on them.

crownvic 03-07-2015 10:58 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
The baton has been passed...I thought the Brits were the most passionate for this hobby and they were and still are for so many years, but after reading all the posts from all my Aussie friends down under, I think you all have taken the lead!
:D:D

StrikeEagle94 03-07-2015 06:36 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthwestAirlines103 (Post 1176986)
Oh and please don't forget the USAir 752 while your at it. Ill take any USAir chrome top. Plenty of flights out of PHL on them.

It's a great livery!

BTW, I need to make another trip to 17N to see the Twin Otter/s. Cool little airport!

Aussiejets 03-08-2015 07:30 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Welcome to the two new Aussie collectors down south of the border in Victoria & in Sydney that appeared in the last few days. Here is a little of my collection

AussieAircraft98 03-08-2015 08:39 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1178690)
Welcome to the two new the new Aussie collectors down south of the border in Victoria. Here is a little of my collection

.... I am shocked! so many Aussie models! and sorry but curiosity killed the cat, how man models do you own?! its spectacular!

geeforce9 03-08-2015 05:28 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1178690)
Welcome to the two new the new Aussie collectors down south of the border in Victoria. Here is a little of my collection

What an amazing collection of Aussie metal! You cartainly have the most appropriate username on the forum ;)

AussieAircraft98 03-08-2015 09:31 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1178690)
Welcome to the two new the new Aussie collectors down south of the border in Victoria. Here is a little of my collection

Oh, and also may I also ask where you got the compass a300 and the ipec argosy?

Bangkok Lady La 03-08-2015 09:42 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Steve's collection is legendary down this way...All VH rego's and a few One Worlds sprinkled in the mix.

Bangkok Lady La 03-08-2015 09:42 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
I think the Compass is the JCWings release which you can still find on ebay these days at ok prices....
not sure about the IPEC one....

titanic777 03-09-2015 01:22 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Now we just have to lobby the diecast gods for a 1:200 767-200 Ansett "Shooting Stars" livery to complete the trio.

Nalanji 03-09-2015 03:19 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieAircraft98 (Post 1179674)
Oh, and also may I also ask where you got the compass a300 and the ipec argosy?

Hi AussieAircraft98- If you're still looking for that Compass A300-600R, just let know as I've got 12 coming direct from JC Wings soon. $70.00 + Post if you're interested.

Nalanji 03-09-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by titanic777 (Post 1179858)
Now we just have to lobby the diecast gods for a 1:200 767-200 Ansett "Shooting Stars" livery to complete the trio.

Hey Shane- you just never know what might come your way ;-)

UAE777 03-09-2015 04:04 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1178690)
Welcome to the two new Aussie collectors down south of the border in Victoria that appeared in the last few days. Here is a little of my collection

What an impressive collection there! Slowly building my Australian fleet, though no where near the size of yours! :)

UAE777 03-09-2015 04:12 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieAircraft98 (Post 1179674)
Oh, and also may I also ask where you got the compass a300 and the ipec argosy?

I noted that Collectable Aircraft Wings Australia had this model available for $55 yesterday. But not being entirely familiar with the airline, I backed out of the purchase.

Seeing now it's quite familiar amongst the Australian collectors I might now reconsider.

PS. Does anyone have a source where I can see the present and past liveries / airlines that have operated in Australia? Would be a great help to assist in which Australian models to purchase (if available).

Nalanji 03-09-2015 04:17 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UAE777 (Post 1180050)
I noted that Collectable Aircraft Wings Australia had this model available for $55 yesterday. But not being entirely familiar with the airline, I backed out of the purchase.

Seeing now it's quite familiar amongst the Australian collectors I might now reconsider.

PS. Does anyone have a source where I can see the present and past liveries / airlines that have operated in Australia? Would be a great help to assist in which Australian models to purchase (if available).

You can't go past here aussieairliners.org for the definitive source of Australian Airline history.

Aussiejets 03-09-2015 04:18 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UAE777 (Post 1180050)
I noted that Collectable Aircraft Wings Australia had this model available for $55 yesterday. But not being entirely familiar with the airline, I backed out of the purchase.

Seeing now it's quite familiar amongst the Australian collectors I might now reconsider.

PS. Does anyone have a source where I can see the present and past liveries / airlines that have operated in Australia? Would be a great help to assist in which Australian models to purchase (if available).

Your best source is then click on Australian Airliner Histories & the site will bring up "The Australian Civial Aircraft Register" It's www.aussieairliners.org a great source for reference information. Aye Simon you just beat me to it
Cheers Steve

UAE777 03-09-2015 04:30 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalanji (Post 1180058)
You can't go past here aussieairliners.org for the definitive source of Australian Airline history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussiejets (Post 1180066)
Your best source is then click on Australian Airliner Histories & the site will bring up "The Australian Civial Aircraft Register" It's aussieairliners.org a great source for reference information.
Cheers Steve

Thanks for that! Exactly what I was looking for, superb! :)

AussieAircraft98 03-09-2015 06:30 AM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalanji (Post 1180058)
You can't go past here aussieairliners.org for the definitive source of Australian Airline history.

Yes! I use this every time! its a amazing site!

bbakker6288 10-01-2016 04:42 PM

Re: Two months on.... Qantas 767-338ER Gemini200
 
Always liked the Qantas red


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.