Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings? - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Ground Control > 1:200 Scale Model Aircraft

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

So....for those of you planning to buy a Qatar A350. Which do you think is better? The Phoenix/Eagle or the JC Wings?

The Pheonix/Eagle wingtip is painted wrong, it is maroon on both sides, it should have the Qatar logo on the inside but the model looks nice.

The JC Wings version looks very nice too, but the color of the maroon looks way to light.

I'm trying to find the best to fit my Qatar collection. Does anyone own either? What do you think?

Photos of each A350 by Retroguy.

Last edited by travsuz; 02-25-2015 at 02:33 PM.
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
NWA COLLECTOR
 
stevec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Heathrow.
Posts: 2,203
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Hi Travsuz, Im in the same boat as you, they both have good and bad points,
The Phoenix has the right colour to me, except as you say the wing tips, should
have the badge on the inside, the JC is also the right colour, but they have made a big boo boo with the fuselage, and tail decals, they really look red to me, I thought it might be just in the pic's, but its not, then may be we will see the IF version, but if its any thing like the colour of there B787 the grey will be way to dark, but finigers crossed they may correct it, so at present I'm holding off, until the IF version is released, it is very difficult to choose.
__________________
Stevec...

MY COLLECTION


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
stevec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
1:200 collector
 
Sir Frank Whittle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 600
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Hi guys, I'm in the same place as you also. Just to add something else into the mix - following Flying Dream's post about a slightly changed colour palette on the a350, I scoured the web last night for as many photos I could find. Many of these do seem to show a lighter colour than the one seen on their other aircraft. Obviously we won't know for sure until it is in operation, but there does seem to be a difference, albeit still not as red as in the pics of the JC version. I also think the JC is a better mould, the gears on the Phx look very flimsy and the wheels toy like. Plus they have messed up the wingtip paint job.

I personally wouldn't hold my breath on an IF version being any better colour wise. I like the mould, especially the nose, but the two 787's they did were far too dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Which Qatar A350?  Phoenix or JC Wings?-image.jpg  

Last edited by Sir Frank Whittle; 01-08-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Sir Frank Whittle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 01-08-2015, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
IflyHA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 28
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

JC mould is better
IflyHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Frank Whittle View Post
Hi guys, I'm in the same place as you also. Just to add something else into the mix - following Flying Dream's post about a slightly changed colour palette on the a350, I scoured the web last night for as many photos I could find. Many of these do seem to show a lighter colour than the one seen on their other aircraft. Obviously we won't know for sure until it is in operation, but there does seem to be a difference, albeit still not as red as in the pics of the JC version. I also think the JC is a better mould, the gears on the Phx look very flimsy and the wheels toy like. Plus they have messed up the wingtip paint job.

I personally wouldn't hold my breath on an IF version being any better colour wise. I like the mould, especially the nose, but the two 787's they did were far too dark.
I saw a picture too of the Qatar A380 that was delivered the same day as the A350. They were the same color. So....I wonder if it just looks different based on the sun or light up against the maroon. Even the second photo here looks darker than the first.

Last edited by travsuz; 02-25-2015 at 02:33 PM.
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SRH
Posts: 1,791
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

May be I am the minority, I can see the big gap between the wing/elevator and fuselage, also thick ugly wingtips on Phx version. If you know about inside of the industry, it will be a big different of costs between these two molds, for example, like the difference between ball bearings made in China and Germany
TONKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 04:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
777300ER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: U.A.E
Posts: 162
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

JC all day long every day of the week!!
777300ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TONKA View Post
May be I am the minority, I can see the big gap between the wing/elevator and fuselage, also thick ugly wingtips on Phx version. If you know about inside of the industry, it will be a big different of costs between these two molds, for example, like the difference between ball bearings made in China and Germany
You are correct about that gap and the winglet.....I hadn't really noticed.
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
travsuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 5,037
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Even my models look more red in the sun. So....maybe the JC Wings will be ok after all.

Last edited by travsuz; 02-25-2015 at 02:32 PM.
travsuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
A6-EGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 527
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travsuz View Post
So....for those of you planning to buy a Qatar A350. Which do you think is better? The Phoenix/Eagle or the JC Wings?

The Pheonix/Eagle wingtip is painted wrong, it is maroon on both sides, it should have the Qatar logo on the inside but the model looks nice.

The JC Wings version looks very nice too, but the color of the maroon looks way to light.

I'm trying to find the best to fit my Qatar collection. Does anyone own either? What do you think?

Photos of each A350 by Retroguy.

The photo posted by Retroguy is too yellow. It cannot be used as a standard photo to judge the color. If you see more photos (under normal light), you won't think JC's color is a big problem.

Also, comparing Phoenix's A350 with JC's A350 is not a reasonable action. One is toy grade and one is collectable grade.

Last edited by A6-EGO; 01-09-2015 at 11:02 PM.
A6-EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cerberus
 
Illusive Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 326
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Honestly, I'd go with the JC, mould is better and the winglets are painted correctly. The maroon, well it's a bit light but it's not that noticeable. I'd vote for JC.
__________________
An Airline proud to bear the name, AmericanAirlines
Illusive Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Master Collector
 
A6-EGO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Miami
Posts: 527
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

Even IF A350's quality and standard is far behind JC, not to mention the toyish Phoenix one.

http://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/...on-livery.html

Last edited by A6-EGO; 01-10-2015 at 01:20 AM.
A6-EGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
AeroFreak
 
aerofreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manila
Age: 39
Posts: 7
Send a message via Yahoo to aerofreak
Default Re: Which Qatar A350? Phoenix or JC Wings?

i was at a store in Hongkong the other day and was comparing the JC wings version to that of phoenix. mould wise, JC wings wins.

Last edited by aerofreak; 01-10-2015 at 01:16 AM.
aerofreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:24 PM.

Latest Threads
- by ukjohna
- by Carlo4
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.