DA.C

DA.C (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/)
-   1:200 Scale Model Aircraft (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/)
-   -   New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM (https://www.diecastaircraftforum.com/1-200-scale-model-aircraft/114837-new-hogan-1-200-b747-400-klm.html)

Yogurtlite 08-01-2013 05:16 PM

New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Hello collectors:

:)Fresh out of the oven and my newest arrival. I was waiting for this Hogan and finally here it is. Nice level of details, really impressive printing. Hope more of this kind of models come out soon by Hogan. This can pass like the old Herpa style, exquisite details.

Just a couple of observations, a couple of flap "servomotors" (idk its real name) came with tips printed in red. I wish all of them were printed that way, no only 2. Also a pylon has red painting in the rear side. *refer to picture #8.

Perhaps I would like to see the model with pitot tubes and GE logos printed on it too but I don't complain. This is nice model. Also notice in the box there are other registrations that might be available soon: PH-BFO "City of Orlando" and PH-BFU "City of Beijing". I guess the last one is the B77W, am I wrong?

Well, enjoy the pictures.:cool:

http://imageshack.us/a/img593/859/fb2v.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img18/1305/u15f.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/704/olph.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img687/9384/qldy.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img7/2427/vy79.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/8571/zpqv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img35/4654/fl00.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img812/3996/p8nv.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img818/8212/wrxt.jpg


Greetings!!!

johnhung 08-01-2013 07:42 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
With such great details I'm a bit surprised that Hogan missed reg. NO on the nose gear door. Indeed it's still very tempting. Thanks for sharing your new addition.

Yogurtlite 08-01-2013 08:29 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhung (Post 1043489)
With such great details I'm a bit surprised that Hogan missed reg. NO on the nose gear door. Indeed it's still very tempting. Thanks for sharing your new addition.

:confused:Yep!!! That was the first thing I noticed but I checked some photos on airliners.net and the real aircraft doesn't have the PH-BFH registration itself, it wears "FH-029" but in very little font. So I guess, that would be difficult to replicate.:neutral:




About the flap I was wrong, the real aircraft is painted in that way. Weird, anybody knows the reason of it?


Retroguy 08-01-2013 08:50 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
...I'd say that the red painted flaps fairings are correct, as these are the ones closer to the aft cargo hold, in order to catch ground crews attention for those...but I could be wrong...model is very nice indeed ! happy collecting then !;)

Yogurtlite 08-01-2013 09:34 PM

Face to face, Herpa vs Hogan.
 
;)Some extra pictures:

http://imageshack.us/a/img543/3813/cyki.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img194/9351/fn9u.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/2905/tv70.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/3635/ulr6.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img28/7511/gz8n.jpg

SgtMoody 08-02-2013 12:57 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Looks very nice, the new mould looks good!

cpa747 08-02-2013 06:29 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Thanks for sharing, can you show us the box too?

aae991 08-02-2013 09:17 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Looks nice, but I wish they would make more contrast on the windows. They look too faded, at least in the photos.

dietcoke777 08-02-2013 10:00 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
I beg to differ - City of Lima is still a superior model compared to this shoddy job from Hogan. The windows look awful.

Yogurtlite 08-02-2013 03:37 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aae991 (Post 1043563)
Looks nice, but I wish they would make more contrast on the windows. They look too faded, at least in the photos.

Hi:

I revised the pictures quality. Sorry but Imageshack sometimes tends to lower picture quality. The windows don't have that faded look you mention, I checked them consciously and they are perfectly printed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpa747 (Post 1043547)
Thanks for sharing, can you show us the box too?

Good afternoon:

Pictures are now updated, I included one photo of the box. You can see it now.;)

Best regards for both.

robertjon5 08-02-2013 05:45 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
great arrival and pics erik!!:):):) mmmm i see on box they have 'city of orlando' and 'city of bejing'! future releases??? old or new colours???????:D

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/8212/wrxt.jpg

johnhung 08-02-2013 09:44 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robertjon5 (Post 1043611)
great arrival and pics erik!!:):):) mmmm i see on box they have 'city of orlando' and 'city of bejing'! future releases??? old or new colours???????:D

I noticed that too. :D As Moin ever said I think it's future release and I'll keep in watching it.

KLM4me 08-03-2013 04:11 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Love it! I have this one on pre-order. I wonder when it will make it to the States?

Still looking for that City of Lima. I noticed you switched out the landing gear on yours, which I've done in the past, too.

Charlie Alpha 08-03-2013 04:22 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dietcoke777 (Post 1043566)
I beg to differ - City of Lima is still a superior model compared to this shoddy job from Hogan. The windows look awful.

I think if you look at the pictures closely, particularly the nose to noes shot, you will see the windows are exactly the same color on both models. It is just the dark blue cheatline that gives the impression of a different color windows on the 'City of Lima'.

The cockpit windows are a different story. They are REALLY different from the pax windows on the "City of Lima' due to the clear cockpit windows. I also do not like the gaps around, but particularly beneath the cockpit windows on the 'City of Lima'.

Just my preference, but I like the Hogan better. They have done a good job with the window printing and nose shape. It has all of the windows (pax and cockpit windows) the same, and does not have the gaps around the cockpit windows or the 'duck nose' of the Herpa model.

I think it is Hogan my at least a mile!! But that is just my opinion.

mjabbasi 08-03-2013 08:23 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnhung (Post 1043639)
I noticed that too. :D As Moin ever said I think it's future release and I'll keep in watching it.

Yes, Hong Kong, Orlando, Beijing and a one off which you shall see soon.




SPEEDEMON 08-04-2013 11:07 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
The window this model looks awful. They could have blackend out more like the Inflight200:

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/y...t/DSCN5816.jpg

Charlie Alpha 08-04-2013 12:36 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEEDEMON (Post 1043869)
The window this model looks awful. They could have blackend out more like the Inflight200:

The paint that Hogan uses for the windows washes out in pictures, in particular does NOT do flash photography very well. These windows will look much better in person, just like on all Hogan models.

Maybe Yogurtlite could let us know how they look ion person, and how they compart to the City of Lima.

MSR777 08-04-2013 01:11 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Nice model, that KLM livery never dates

1:200Freak 08-04-2013 01:49 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Nice KLM...but I still think the Skymarks is really nice too...

Strange PH-BFU is City of Beijing....when all other registrations have the actual letter of the city ..PH-BFH (City of Hong Kong), PH-BFO (City of Orlando)...

Hmmm just saw this on a.net KLM B747-400 Names — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net

PH-BFB is City of Bangkok
PH-BFS is City of Seoul

So I guess to accomodate Beijing and Shanghai they were christened

PH-BFU City of Beijing
PH-BFW City of Shanghai

There is a PH-BFK...City of Karachi, and that jet has come to YYZ a couple of times in July :eek::D

PH-BFK - KLM - Flightradar24




Yogurtlite 08-04-2013 08:31 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1043880)
The paint that Hogan uses for the windows washes out in pictures, in particular does NOT do flash photography well. These windows will look much be in person, just like on all Hogan models.

Maybe Yogurtlite could let us know how they look in person, and how they compart to the City of Lima.

Hi:

Yes, the model looks better in person.

Those who are commenting "windows look awful". I already mentioned ImageShack tends lower the quality of the picture. ctAlso, if you WATCH the photos. You can notice the windows are unfocused beyond the center area. There is a lot of difference between just seeing and watching images.

Consider I am using flash and that affects how colors are shown in the pictures. There are a lot of things while taking pictures. I do my best everytime to share and bring good pictures with you.

Greetings!!!

TOGAselected 08-05-2013 04:54 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
I'd LOVE a remake of the IF200 - any chance we might see one? Never seen one for sale anywhere so guess a remake is my only hope.

johnhung 08-05-2013 07:36 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogurtlite (Post 1043942)
Hi:
Those who are commenting "windows look awful". I already mentioned ImageShack tends lower the quality of the picture.

I think the point is the color of cockpit window, not the shape. It's light grey and makes the silver window frame relatively invisible compared with dark grey window.

T7_4ever 08-05-2013 09:39 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGAselected (Post 1043979)
I'd LOVE a remake of the IF200 - any chance we might see one? Never seen one for sale anywhere so guess a remake is my only hope.

Hey TOGAselected; this one just recently sold on ebay. I had put a link in the For Sale section about a week ago for any interested DAC collectors. Cheers! T7


Inflight200 KLM B747 400 Ph bfw 1 200 Airplane Model | eBay

SaabsOverSAW 08-05-2013 05:04 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Thats a very nice model! The Hogan mold looks so much better without the clear windows. Hopefully we will see one in the old colors.
Yogurtlite- I see that you have a Hogan Air France A340. It wouldnt happen to be for sale, would it?

Yogurtlite 08-05-2013 09:02 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SaabsOverSAW (Post 1044038)
Yogurtlite- I see that you have a Hogan Air France A340. It wouldnt happen to be for sale, would it?

Hi Saab:

I bought that model from Alpha Charlie last month:confused:, it is a model I was looking for years. Sorry but it will stay for a very long long time in my collection.;)

Greetings.

SaabsOverSAW 08-05-2013 10:56 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yogurtlite (Post 1044050)
Hi Saab:

I bought that model from Alpha Charlie last month:confused:, it is a model I was looking for years. Sorry but it will stay for a very long long time in my collection.;)

Greetings.

So YOU'RE the one that got it! :p Enjoy it, its a nice model. I used to have one, but when I moved a few years ago it got destroyed (wings snapped, paint smeared, engines nowhere to be found:mad::mad::mad:).

SPEEDEMON 08-06-2013 12:46 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGAselected (Post 1043979)
I'd LOVE a remake of the IF200 - any chance we might see one?

I think that will be a highly unlikely for a remake of this model.

jsjscd9a 08-06-2013 04:11 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
.....okay so we got already Hong Kong (KLM Asia) with Orlando & Beijing (both standard KLMs) in tow.....so what is the "one-off " model coming Moin.......???

D-AIHK 08-06-2013 04:14 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsjscd9a (Post 1044156)
.....okay so we got already Hong Kong (KLM Asia) with Orlando & Beijing (both standard KLMs) in tow.....so what is the "one-off " model coming Moin.......???

Think Joe... Where is Moin from!

jsjscd9a 08-06-2013 05:04 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
......yep, got it Ash, thanks .......PH-BFK (City of Karachi) ........nice Moin..........

Yogurtlite 08-06-2013 05:15 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsjscd9a (Post 1044156)
.....okay so we got already Hong Kong (KLM Asia) with Orlando & Beijing (both standard KLMs) in tow.....so what is the "one-off " model coming Moin.......???

:(Hmmmm could be the KLM A330. The MD-11 has been already mentioned by Moin and it wil be released for December or next year. The B77W has time out in the market, now we have the B744 with a couple standard KLM coming soon.

So, what other model could be done by Hogan? Fokker 100? I don't think so, they don't work/have that mold. Perhaps a new remake of the B777-200 or finally the A330. Any narrow body in the horizon? Yes, maybe the B737-700, -800, -900.

Moin, if you have something to tell about it. PLEASE, tell us now.

Good day.

robertjon5 08-06-2013 05:20 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
would'nt mind this in 200 scale!! PH-BFG

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8035/7...184481c2_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8322/7...53457b8f_c.jpg

ooh777 08-09-2013 12:31 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Loved the idea and also changed my KLM-747 herpa tires for hogan ones......
:) looks better

Sexy_Adonis 08-15-2013 05:45 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Its a nice model .. I only received mine, here in Sydney, this morning and have already placed it on my "SkyTeam dedicated display case" next to the rest of the KLM fleet:

Please note that the Virgin Atlantic A330 (by Gemini) is also included in the "SkyTeam dedicated display case" due to the Delta purchase (49% stake in VS) and thus making it a very likely candidate to join SkyTeam.

1) Boeing 777-300ER (by Hogan)
2) Boeing 777-200ER (by Hogan)
3) Airbus A330-200 (by Herpa)
4) Airbus A330-200 (by Gemini)

Only missing the KLM Airbus A330-300 (by Herpa) which I will get later. Not to sure I will get the MD-11 (by Herpa) as I only collect "current fleet" and the MD-11 is on its way out next year.

Took some quick pics with the iPhone 5 and have attached them here for your viewing. Hope you enjoy!

Sexy Adonis

Yogurtlite 08-15-2013 05:59 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Cool!!! Yes, this KLM Asia B744 has been indeed a nice release and also a very requested model. I am waiting for the regular KLM too. Nice gabinet by the way and thanks for sharing.

Charlie Alpha 08-25-2013 07:33 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Anyone in the U.S. received one of these yet?

I wonder what the delivery schedule is?

Charlie Alpha 09-10-2013 02:08 PM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
From Hong Kong. Regular livery City of Orlando, PH-BFO is available here.

Hogan Wings KLM Boeing 747 400 1 200 City of City of Orlando Reg Ph BFO 0779 | eBay

I got this one because I'm not sure the regular livery will be available here in the U.S.. It seems like it has already reached Europe.

Yogurtlite 09-12-2013 01:38 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Alpha (Post 1051285)
I got this one because I'm not sure the regular livery will be available here in the U.S.. It seems like it has already reached Europe.

Hi Chris:

Yes, I did the same when the KLM Asia came out and that practice has became more frequent on me. In fact, is cheaper buying from HK dealers and also more fast. At least for me it works that way and that is what I can say.

Have you received the regular KLM, yet? Please, share some pictures when you do.

Greetings!!!

Charlie Alpha 09-12-2013 07:26 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
I should get the regular livery KLM today. I'll take a few pics and post them. Hope it is as nice as the KLM Asia.

Aussiejets 09-12-2013 07:35 AM

Re: New Hogan 1:200 B747-400 KLM
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sexy_Adonis (Post 1045794)
Its a nice model .. I only received mine, here in Sydney, this morning and have already placed it on my "SkyTeam dedicated display case" next to the rest of the KLM fleet:

Please note that the Virgin Atlantic A330 (by Gemini) is also included in the "SkyTeam dedicated display case" due to the Delta purchase (49% stake in VS) and thus making it a very likely candidate to join SkyTeam.

1) Boeing 777-300ER (by Hogan)
2) Boeing 777-200ER (by Hogan)
3) Airbus A330-200 (by Herpa)
4) Airbus A330-200 (by Gemini)

Only missing the KLM Airbus A330-300 (by Herpa) which I will get later. Not to sure I will get the MD-11 (by Herpa) as I only collect "current fleet" and the MD-11 is on its way out next year.

Took some quick pics with the iPhone 5 and have attached them here for your viewing. Hope you enjoy!

Sexy Adonis

Those Down lights should have you models cooked at no time at all & I really hope you don't forget to switch them off... :eek::eek:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.