Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Local Control > 1:1 Scale Commercial Aviation
Supported by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-30-2016, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Interesting! I will definitely keep this upcoming movie 'Sully' on my radar. Cheers! T7

See Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' trailer
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2016, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Interesting, big fan of Tom Hanks so will definately watch this one. I am curious how they will be able to stretch the event which took place in a very short time frame into a full length movie, but looking at the trailer it is sort of framed in the wider perspective of the investigation that followed. I watched the co-pilot in an episode of American Pickers and he sounded a bit bitter.
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]

Last edited by r3500vdp; 06-30-2016 at 11:20 AM.
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Furloughed!
 
SouthwestAirlines103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Flying W (N14)
Age: 31
Posts: 1,371
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

This one is on my radar. Looking forward to its arrival in theaters.
__________________
Gregory
SouthwestAirlines103 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-30-2016, 01:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
Patman252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Medford, NJ
Posts: 187
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3500vdp View Post
Interesting, big fan of Tom Hanks so will definately watch this one. I am curious how they will be able to stretch the event which took place in a very short time frame into a full length movie, but looking at the trailer it is sort of framed in the wider perspective of the investigation that followed. I watched the co-pilot in an episode of American Pickers and he sounded a bit bitter.
Do you know why he was bitter? Was he bitter because Sully got all the attention, or did he think the situation could have been handled better? For instance, it was a success because no one died, but my flight instructor claims that Sully could have made it back to LaGuardia. (Personally I don't believe that, and if he didn't make it the plane would have gone down in an urban area with massive loss of life)
Patman252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 01:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
r3500vdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

He referred to the fact that Sully received a great deal of attention while there were 2 people on the flightdeck that day.
__________________
Mathieu [More of my diecast photos at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
]
r3500vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
SVN4TSVN
 
Rockybudgeboa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NEWMARKET
Posts: 4,587
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

I am really looking forward to this movie
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rockybudgeboa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Collector
 
connorc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: CLT
Age: 25
Posts: 496
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Usually, I don't like or have low expectations for movies involving aviation. This doesn't look too bad however. I love Tom Hanks, and is accurate with the US Airways cabin, uniforms, safety cards, etc. I can get past the exterior shots of LGA showing American planes in the new livery.
connorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Update:

Review from USA Today = 3.5 stars out of 4

Review: Tom Hanks sticks the landing as 'Sully'
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitehorse
Posts: 2,106
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorc View Post
Usually, I don't like or have low expectations for movies involving aviation. This doesn't look too bad however. I love Tom Hanks, and is accurate with the US Airways cabin, uniforms, safety cards, etc. I can get past the exterior shots of LGA showing American planes in the new livery.
I almost wonder if the modern American fleet was product placement - especially since U.S. Airways is now part of American. Shame if advertising won out over historical accuracy, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Zendocon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

I'll wait for this movie to appear on Netflix!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 01:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cactus
 
Taiga04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: MSN
Posts: 465
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

I saw it, it was good. The first part dragged a bit. Nothing looked super out of place to me, the airport scenes looked historically accurate with a bunch of US Air/Express planes and Continental jets sitting at the gate. The only thing I noticed was when they show him boarding the plane you can see half of a One World logo. All the other scenes, which I assume were CGI, or not using an actual aircraft the Star Alliance logo was there.

Overall if you are an airplane enthusiast it is worth the money to see it in my opinion.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looked like the ferry captain from the first boat on the scene played himself in the movie. That or they found an incredible look alike.
__________________
I collect:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Looking for: Hogan US Airways a319 - Final Livery

Successfully bought from: Widebody, Travsuz, Nurunet, Buckeyes14, airplanenut5588, IranAir4Ever
Taiga04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Dr. Diecast I presume?
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 6,686
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

As a Tom Hanks fan, I enjoyed the movie. As an aviation enthusiast, I enjoyed it even a bit more. The recreation of the evacuation was excellent, but the acting of most of the cast was a 2.5 out of 5 stars (Hanks was 4.5 easily). I also think that the writers were a bit lazy with regards to so many scenes of 'Sully' kinda staring off into space (in various locations) and looking bewildered. A bit more of Sully's background would have been nice. The scene inside the ATC room was completely unnecessary as it didn't add anything of substance. The last part with the NTSB hearing was also very dry with numerous reruns of the water landing and was only saved by Sullys last comments. We paid extra to see it in the fancy dolby theatre, which wasn't necessary either.

My advice would be to wait to see it for little cost on Netflix or whatever.

Last edited by N. Eberhard; 09-11-2016 at 06:43 PM.
N. Eberhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga04 View Post
I saw it, it was good. The first part dragged a bit. Nothing looked super out of place to me, the airport scenes looked historically accurate with a bunch of US Air/Express planes and Continental jets sitting at the gate. The only thing I noticed was when they show him boarding the plane you can see half of a One World logo. All the other scenes, which I assume were CGI, or not using an actual aircraft the Star Alliance logo was there.

Overall if you are an airplane enthusiast it is worth the money to see it in my opinion.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but to me it looked like the ferry captain from the first boat on the scene played himself in the movie. That or they found an incredible look alike.
Rotten Tomatoes has Sully at 84% ! That's an excellent rating from critics and fans alike! I wonder if Clint Eastwood approached the real ferry captain to see if he was interested of being an actor for a few minutes of fame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Eberhard View Post
As a Tom Hanks fan, I enjoyed the movie. As an aviation enthusiast, I enjoyed it even a bit more. The recreation of the evacuation was excellent, but the acting of most of the cast was a 2.5 out of 5 stars (Hanks was 4.5 easily). I also think that the writers were a bit lazy with regards to so many scenes of 'Sully' kinda staring off into space (in various locations) and looking bewildered. A bit more of Sully's background would have been nice. The scene inside the ATC room was completely unnecessary as it didn't add anything of substance. The last part with the NTSB hearing was also very dry with numerous reruns of the water landing and was only saved by Sullys last comments. We paid extra to see it in the fancy dolby theatre, which wasn't necessary either.

My advice would be to wait to see it for little cost on Netflix or whatever.
Hey Nick, we really appreciate your personal feedback and comments on the movie. I guess it's pretty hard for the other cast members to shine when you've got Tom Hanks in the lead role for any movie he's in. Every other actor = just there to support Hanks . Yeah, I will wait for Netflix to show this movie, that way I can pause/rewind any scenes that my eyes/hearing need some clarification on. Cheers! T7 ( I foolishly spent some bucks on seeing that movie Suicide Squad, man that was a stinker! )
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Just Collector
 
hilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Surabaya
Posts: 245
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

great movie, with only one goof that i found..
i believe there's no split-scimitar in 2009
(note: this scene also appeared in trailer)
Attached Thumbnails
Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer-scimitar.jpg  
hilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

I think I will stream it 2nite! Cheers! T7
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired the Hobby
 
Surinam Air 747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,707
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

The movie was not bad and i understand this movie was based on real events but i personally liked the 2012 movie 'Flight' staring Denzel Washington way better, it had more suspense than this movie 'Sully' & with a different storyline as well...
__________________
I WANT TO BELIEVE...

...that one day I will see many more colorful JC Wings MD-11 models and the long-awaited Gemini 200 TWA twin stripes 727-200!

I always fly America's favorite airline: Southwest Airlines and the World's oldest KLM!

Paris was the greatest city on earth! Vive la France! Tokyo 2020!
Surinam Air 747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,359
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilman View Post
great movie, with only one goof that i found..
i believe there's no split-scimitar in 2009
(note: this scene also appeared in trailer)
And AA new colors
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
"Hello Moto"!
 
T7_4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,421
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
And AA new colors
Yes, another 'slip up' there by Hollywood. You figure they could've just used their CGI trickery to make them appear as 'polished' AA birds to reflect the time period? Oh well, Clint was trying to keep the film on budget I guess! Cheers! T7
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
T7_4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Just Collector
 
hilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Surabaya
Posts: 245
Default Re: Tom Hanks as Capt. Chesley Sullenberger in first 'Sully' movie trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic View Post
And AA new colors
lol.. and that also includes united-continental livery then
hilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Latest Threads
- by MSR777
- by KLM4me
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.