PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD - DA.C
 

Go Back   DA.C > Local Control > 1:1 Scale Commercial Aviation
Supported by:

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
ORD Spotter
 
Kozmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to Kozmania
Default PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Gentlemen, I can't feel my fingers or toes, but it's been a helluva winter here in Chicago. I haven't posted in a while, but I hope you guys enjoy the photos as much as I'm enjoying all of yours. Keep 'em coming!
Photos shot with Nikon D90 and D3200


Cayman Airways Boeing 737-3Q8 (VP-CAY) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr
A GE spawned weather system(XA-MRC)

AeroUnion A300B4-203(F) (XA-MRC) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Airlines Boeing 757-222 (N530UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

China Airlines Cargo Boeing Boeing 747-409F (SCD) (B-18720) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 737-823 (N927NN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Qatar Airways Cargo Boeing 777-FDZ (A7-BFB) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Korean Air Boeing 777-3B5/ER (HL8274) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Cathay Pacific Boeing 777-367(ER) (B-KQG) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Lufthansa Boeing 747-830 Intercontinental (D-ABYF) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Hainan Airlines Boeing 787-8 'Dreamliner' (B-2728) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Air Berlin Airbus A330-223 (D-ALPI) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Fresh Powder by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines Boeing 717-2BD (N995AT) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

McDonnell Douglas MD-11(F) (D-ALCI) and Austrian Boeing 767-3Z9/ER (OE-LAE) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Cargolux Airlines International Boeing 747-4R7F(SCD) (LX-RCV) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines Boeing 717-2BD (N981AT) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Hainan Airlines Boeing 787-8 'Dreamliner' (B-2728) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Japan Airlines (JAL) 'Sky Eco' Boeing 777-346ER (JA734J) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Airlines "Stars and Bars" Airbus A320-232 (N475UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr
__________________
"You can't be good unless you love it"




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


_______________________
"You can't be good unless you love it."
Kozmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
ORD Spotter
 
Kozmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to Kozmania
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD


American Airlines Boeing 767-323/ER (N349AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 777-223 (N770AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Volaris Airbus A320-233 (XA-VOM) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 757-223 (N177AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Airlines Boeing 767-322 (N651UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines McDonnell Douglas DC-9-51 (N770NC) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Unted Airlines Boeing 757-222 (N575UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

US Airways Airbus A321-211 (N150UW) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 767-323/ER (N375AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines McDonnell Douglas DC-9-51 (N767NC) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Qatar Airways Cargo Boeing 777-FDZ (A7-BFA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Iberia 'Hoy, Social Flight' Airbus A330-203 (EC-LUB) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Lufthansa Boeing 747-830 Intercontinental (D-ABYF) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Eva Air Cargo Boeing 747-45E (B-16407) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Spirit Airlines Airbus A319-132 (N531NK) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Parcel Service (UPS) Airbus A300-F4-622R (N164UP) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Hainan Airlines Boeing 787-8 'Dreamliner' (B-2728) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

EVA Air Cargo Boeing 747-45E(BDSF) (B-16407) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System (JPATS) Boeing 737-4Y0 (N639CS) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 777-223 by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr
__________________
"You can't be good unless you love it"




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


_______________________
"You can't be good unless you love it."
Kozmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
-
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL370
Posts: 2,080
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Scrumptious set Kevin!! Love the LH with Austrian 763 in one shot! (btw where is a diecast Austrian?!).
I haven't been out spotting since November! Nothing interesting going on here!
Jan Jasinski is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Remove before flight
 
beltloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 323
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

again amazing photography....I swear yyz and ord are so alike airside
beltloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
I Love Beagles
 
DC-10_Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Lenox, IL
Posts: 2,355
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Now this is some juicy photography. Fantastic depth of field and excellent composition. I love the vortices trailing off of the American triple seven. Great eye for detail. You make even the boring aircraft look good.
DC-10_Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
I'll take a Widget...
 
DELTA-711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Warrington, UK
Age: 36
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Great shots as always... love the winter shots
DELTA-711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Complete Wacko!
 
European Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,791
Thumbs up Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

great pics
__________________
*** more classic liveries please ***
European Collector is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 03:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Insane Collector
 
Fleetlordatvar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rocky Mountains/ Colorado
Posts: 1,516
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmania View Post
American Airlines Boeing 767-323/ER (N349AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 777-223 (N770AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Volaris Airbus A320-233 (XA-VOM) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 757-223 (N177AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Airlines Boeing 767-322 (N651UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines McDonnell Douglas DC-9-51 (N770NC) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Unted Airlines Boeing 757-222 (N575UA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

US Airways Airbus A321-211 (N150UW) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 767-323/ER (N375AN) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Delta Air Lines McDonnell Douglas DC-9-51 (N767NC) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Qatar Airways Cargo Boeing 777-FDZ (A7-BFA) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Iberia 'Hoy, Social Flight' Airbus A330-203 (EC-LUB) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Lufthansa Boeing 747-830 Intercontinental (D-ABYF) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Eva Air Cargo Boeing 747-45E (B-16407) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Spirit Airlines Airbus A319-132 (N531NK) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

United Parcel Service (UPS) Airbus A300-F4-622R (N164UP) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Hainan Airlines Boeing 787-8 'Dreamliner' (B-2728) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

EVA Air Cargo Boeing 747-45E(BDSF) (B-16407) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Justice Prisoner & Alien Transportation System (JPATS) Boeing 737-4Y0 (N639CS) by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

American Airlines Boeing 777-223 by ChicagoKoz (ORDSpotter), on Flickr

Why does the AA look like it's damaged on the left side behind the cockpit?
__________________
"Myyy PRECIOUSSS"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fleetlordatvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Airplane enthusiast
 
Alfonsocp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Caracas
Posts: 108
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

that damage you see is just the dirt mark leftt by the jetway or airbridge.
Alfonsocp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Remove before flight
 
beltloader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 323
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

that's the down side of the bare metals livery you see every dirt smudges, scuff marks dents, metal patches X2.
beltloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
ORD Spotter
 
Kozmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,223
Send a message via AIM to Kozmania
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jasinski View Post
Scrumptious set Kevin!! Love the LH with Austrian 763 in one shot! (btw where is a diecast Austrian?!).
I haven't been out spotting since November! Nothing interesting going on here!
Thanks, Jan! Can't wait to see your SXM stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beltloader View Post
again amazing photography....I swear yyz and ord are so alike airside
Thanks! I feel the same way. I've gotta find a way to get up there and see it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC-10_Tony View Post
Now this is some juicy photography. Fantastic depth of field and excellent composition. I love the vortices trailing off of the American triple seven. Great eye for detail. You make even the boring aircraft look good.
Thanks, Tony!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELTA-711 View Post
Great shots as always... love the winter shots
It's been an insane winter. Snow piles have been great to get over the fence shots this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by European Collector View Post
great pics
Thanks, Euro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfonsocp View Post
that damage you see is just the dirt mark leftt by the jetway or airbridge.
I always refer to this as 'Jetway Scar'
__________________
"You can't be good unless you love it"




To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


_______________________
"You can't be good unless you love it."
Kozmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Moderator
 
crownvic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1999
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 11,613
Default Re: PHOTOS: Winter Spotting at ORD

all I can say is WOW great shots..great airport for movements!
__________________
Gemini Jets 400 Scale....the company collectors love to hate but love to collect..
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Real tomato ketchup Eddie?
Nothing but the best! "I don't know why they call this stuff hamburger helper. It does just fine by itself, huh? I like it better than tuna helper myself, don't you, Clark?"
"you're the gourmet around here, Ed!"
crownvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:27 AM.

Latest Threads
- by B-16707
- by BA2936
- by B-KPA
- by nevec45
 

Models of the Week
 



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.